Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Children and the Lack of Clothing

My kids have a lot of clothes.  I mean - there is barely room in their closet, and they have an unusually large closet.  Half of it is play shirts and the other half is dresses.  Then there are drawers for everything else.  Two drawers for pants, two drawers for capris and shorts, a drawer for pajamas, one for swimming suits.  Seriously - they have too many clothes to choose from.

Maybe that is why at any given moment one of my kids will be naked.  Maybe they can't decide what to wear!

My youngest - who is 5 by the way - will invariably be naked in my living room at least once throughout the day.  Why?  I don't know.  After a bath she will remain in her birthday suit for as long as she can before I freak out at her and force clothes on that little body.

 My 6 year old is starting to grow out of that phase, thank goodness - but she will wander around the house in only underwear for the first couple hours she is awake.  And yes, that means she sleeps in only underwear and it doesn't matter how cold it is outside or if we have the air conditioning on in the house.

It was disturbing when the doorbell rang one morning.  One was completely naked, the other in underwear.  They both start running to the door.  Suddenly they hear me shriek....  "Get back!  What are you doing?  Did you forget you don't have clothes on?"  They start laughing as they hide in the living room.  They actually forgot that they weren't dressed yet!

I'm afraid I might be raising little strippers or something.  Please don't judge me!  I'm working on it.

5 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster new blogger award :)

    http://glennbabies.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-award-for-new-bloggers-and-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Shine On Award!

    http://aliciabenton.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/ive-won-many-awards-and-i-want-more-if-you-want-to-call-it-hunger-then-im-hungry-for-awards-shahrukh-khan/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can relate! My daughter has done this too. She is 5 going on six. I found you through Time with A&N's liebster award nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my kids do this too! and the toddler purposely runs away from me when she sees me bringing her clothes LOL

    ReplyDelete