Friday, June 21, 2013

The Importance of Hope


I haven't been around much lately, simply because I haven't had anything jumping out at me to write about and I've been too busy with the kids to sit and really think about it.  Soon I'll sit down and write about all the fun we've been having.

But now, I wanted to share this story.  Heather is a mom, just like me.  Right after her baby girl was born, she was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, a type of cancer that is generally fatal.  Can you imagine what it would feel like to have this brand new baby girl and then find out that you might not be there to see her grow up?  I can't even imagine that pain.  All you can do is hope beyond hope that you can beat the odds in order to be there for your child.  But if you remain positive and keep that hope alive, miracles can happen.

Watch Heather's video here.  It's inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment