Saturday, May 11, 2013

Appreciating our teachers

First of all, here's a shout out to all the teachers out there.  You do a very difficult job, and I appreciate you.

This past week was teacher appreciation week.  It's a time to think about how important our teachers are.  I don't think teachers get enough credit for what they do.  I don't think I could do that job.

I love working in the schools, but I prefer being part of the support system.  Right now all I can do is volunteer when I can in A's classroom.  She's in Kindergarten right now, but I still have H at home so  I can't spend too much time at school.  Next year will be different.  I'm hoping to be there at least once a week helping in any way I can.

Teacher appreciation week is a big deal to me.  I'm not sure why it's so important to me, but I love doing things for the teachers.  Sometimes I go a little overboard. This year I got gifts for all the kindergarten teachers - even the ones that don't know me.  They were just small things, but I had fun with it.  A's teacher, though, got an extra special gift.  I spent the last 3 months putting a scrapbook together for her.  It was her first year teaching Kindergarten, and obviously it was our kids first year there, so I thought she deserved something special.  I asked all the parents to send me a picture of their child and a little something that their child wanted to say about their teacher.  Some of them were really cute!  I delivered it yesterday.

My goal every year is going to be to make sure my kids' teachers know that I appreciate them.  School is a very important time for our kids.  Parents and teachers need to work together to benefit the children and make their school experience great.

No comments:

Post a Comment