Monday, May 13, 2013

Musical Beds

We play a game in our house called musical beds.  I don't find it very entertaining, but my children seem to love it.  This is how it works....

Bedtime comes around.  Children go to sleep in their beds.  Or on their floor.  Or together in one bed.  I don't really care, as long as they are in their room.  Lately daddy has been putting the kids to bed, and he usually falls asleep with them.  It's funny because I'll peek in there and see all three of them crammed into one twin bed.  I figure, as long as they are sleeping and I get some quiet time to myself at night I am just going to let that go.

But then the game starts....  Everyone is sleeping, it's peaceful in the house.  I finally pry myself away from my books/computer/TV (read - alone time) in order to go to sleep - usually way too late.  I climb into my bed and get comfy all by myself.  Suddenly I hear little feet padding down the hallway.  A child climbs into bed with me.  Ok, I can deal with one.  I doze off.  Then I wake up to another kid climbing on me.  Suddenly I have 2 kids practically laying on top of me in my bed.  Since they insist on sharing my pillow with me and sleeping on my side of the bed, I move to the other side and doze off again.  The next thing I know I wake up to an elbow in my face and a foot on my stomach.  So then I get up and move to the couch so I can be alone again.

Some nights sleepy kids will actually follow me down to the couch once they realize I'm gone.  Then I go back up to my bed.  I seem to spend my nights hiding from my kids.  The other day when we woke up mommy and daddy were sleeping together on the twin bed in the girls room and the girls were sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed.  Something is not right there.

No wonder I'm so tired all the time....  And I'm the only one in this family that seems to dislike this game.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny and cute at the same time. My four year old insist that she is going to sleep with mommy and daddy forever though so understand your pain of feeling like you can't even get sleep when you finally have time to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep.... what's that? I don't think I've slept in 7 years. It is a special treat when I wake up with only one kid on me, instead of being smothered by 2.

    ReplyDelete