Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Those days of preschool

My baby isn't a baby anymore.  I don't know if I'm sad or excited about it.

Today was preschool graduation.  The point in their lives that they move on from play all day to actual learning.  It's a big deal....

H didn't go to a "regular" preschool.  It was a high school program.  The teens spent half the year learning about child development and age appropriate activities.  They formed the lesson plans and made up the themes for each day.  Then starting in February, the little ones come in. The program was only 2 days a week for an hour and a half.  It was hardly enough time for me to get a proper nap, er....  errands done.  But H loved it!  And the teenagers loved it too.  They were so excited to see each other every school day.

Next year is Kindergarten.  Going to school every day, having homework, doing big kid stuff like riding the bus to school.

I'm going to have to get as much "little girl" out of her as I can this summer.

My baby H at graduation.

H with her BFF.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine starts Pre K next year and I m already sad that in a year it all be kindergarten. It s so nice that they become independent as they get older but so sad too cause all the baby/ little girl things start to become a part of the past.

    ReplyDelete