Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Cool Mom

Have you ever noticed that in every neighborhood there is a "cool" mom?  All the kids want to hang out in her yard.  She has the coolest toys and snacks.  I am definitely not that mom.....

I met Cool Mom this week.  Somehow I have lived on this street for years and I've never known how many kids there are!  I guess when our kids were little we all had our own little bubbles.  As the kids grow up they make friends and it expands our horizons a bit.  I found out there are at least 12 kids living on our street that are around the same ages as my girls.  Four of them are starting Kindergarten next year!

Well, the Cool Mom on our street has all the toys.  She has a swing set, a separate fun slide, a play house, a cool sprinkler, and tons of bikes and cars.  Everyone wants to play over there, and I don't blame them.  If I had energy I would too!

I sent my kids to play at Cool Mom's house yesterday.  There were 8 kids there at that time, running around the back yard.  Cool Mom was in the house, but I could tell she could see everything going on outside.  Everyone was having fun, there was no fighting.  How you have 8 kids together with no fighting is beyond me.  At one point, Cool Mom pulled out Popsicles for everyone.  Wow!

I hope someday I can get it together enough to be an almost cool mom.  I'll never be Cool Mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment