Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Case of the Missing Shoes

Where do things go when children lose them?  Is there a special magical place that accumulates all those little missing items?  Maybe someday someone will find that magical place and return everything that is lost.

Right now, we are missing 2 brand new pairs of shoes.  Where might they be?  I have no idea....  So I'm tearing the house apart looking for them.  H wants to wear one of the pairs to her preschool graduation tomorrow.  Somehow I don't see that happening.

Yesterday I decided that since they have to be here somewhere, I was going to methodically search the house.  In doing that, I am organizing.  So far I have gone through about 80% of the girls' room.  I cleaned off shelves, emptied bins, emptied drawers.  Then since I'm taking everything down, I figure it's time to get all the too small clothes out of their closet and get it ready for summer.  So I guess there is a benefit to losing shoes?

Since at this point I'm very sure there are no missing shoes hiding in their room, I will finish the closet and move on to the playroom.  Ah, the playroom....  That is an adventure in and of itself.  That will take about a week and requires a post of its own.......

Maybe the shoes are hiding with my expensive blue nail polish and the dresser drawer knob that has been missing for the last 2 years.  One can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. My daughter lost her beloved baby one time....which she couldn't sleep without. I spent an hour looking for it all while she cried in her bed. I finally gave up and went to do laundry. Low and behold, baby was in the dryer and not because I put her there. Check your dryer. :)

    ReplyDelete